If you check out your Sure-Fit Designs Pants Kit Master Patterns (Pants Back), you'll see a 'tear-drop' shaped Inseam Pocket pattern.
For more pocket stability, the top of the pocket can be squared off and lengthened so that it could totally be sewn in to the waist edge. This of course, would be done during step 1 - the drawing stage.
1. Copy the pattern on your tracing vellum. You don't need to add seam allowances since this particular pattern piece already has them incorporated.
2. On both the front and back pants patterns, mark the corresponding front and back side seam notches approximately 2" (5.1 cm) and 9" (23 cm) down from the waist edge on the side seam.
3. Sew one inseam pocket to the pants front side seam, and the other pocket piece to the pants back side seam between the notches as illustrated. Clip the seam allowance to the upper and lower notches.
4. Sew the front and back pants side seam together from the hem up to the lower pocket notch. Skip the pocket opening and then continue sewing from the upper notch to the waist edge.
5. With right sides together, sew the pocket pieces together around the curved edge.
Suited to be incorporated in either skirts of pants, these inseam pockets are simple and easy to draw and sew.
4 Free Getting-Started Gifts with Subscription
- Instructions for this 'Pretty in Peach Princess Jacket' design
- Instructions for the Color-Blocked T-Shirt
- 4-pg. essential Guide to Sewing Notions
- Drawing tool - Designer's Companion (with 1st order)
You will receive an email asking your to confirm your subscription. (Watch for this in your email Inbox. If it's not there, check your Junk/Spam folder). Then you'll be directed to the Subscription Gifts page where you can choose 1 or more of the Welcome Gifts (see revolving carousel below).
No Spam - Total Privacy - Unsubscribe at any time
To see what the Designer's Companion is used for and how it is different from the Designing Stylus, please click here. PO Box 5698, Eugene, OR 97405 USA (541)344-0422 [email protected] Copyright © 2010-2015, Ranita Corporation, Eugene, OR
**Note** You are currently in the SFD Learning Center. All links below will take you back to the main Sure-Fit Designs website and will open up in a new browsing window.